We have been known for many years at Designer Yarns for our eclectic ranges of high end yarns supported by International Designers, and this won’t change with the introduction of DY CHOICE.
In response to the recent trend towards novelty, we have introduced a number of very successful products into this area over the past year or so.
Our entry into the novelty market was prompted by a substantial number of our loyal retailers asking us to do so, due to the high standard of service we offer. Many of the same customers have asked if we would consider offering a range of basic yarns aimed at knitters in the middle section of the market. DY CHOICE is our response to that request.
Clearly there are many good, competitive products already in the market so we had give retailers and consumers a valid reason to buy DY CHOICE.
Our retail customers tell us that they enjoy dealing with DY for our fair & uncomplicated pricing structure & high level, next day service. Consumers, we feel, need a little more than that to ‘buy into’ a new brand like DY CHOICE.
When we started working on this project over two years ago we set ourselves some serious challenges:
1. Yarns should be produced in EUROPE.
2. Ideally where possible fibres used should be of European origin.
3. In spite of points 1 & 2 our price must be competitive.
1. We are launching 3 NEW YARNS this A/W
All 3 produced in Europe. Challenge #1 met.
2. When considering fibre options we came across ‘Dralon’ from ‘Bayer’ in Germany. ‘Dralon’ is generally considered to be one of the best acrylic fibres available. The nylon in our BABY JOY DK is also from ‘Bayer’. The wool in our acrylic / wool blend is Pure New Wool from Australia which is known for its soft handle & bounce.
Challenge #2 met.
3. It is generally recognised that European production / fibres are more expensive than those from Turkey or China for example, but we believe our prices are extremely realistic, particularly given their superior quality.
Challenge #3 met.
So to sum up we are confident that the DY CHOICE range of yarns comes up to the very high standards we set ourselves at the outset & retailers & consumers can buy with confidence.
For samples / yarn requests / general enquiries please contact us via our general enquiries form on the contact page
THE DY TEAM
October 9, 2012